South Central LMC Services (PDF)click to see the many services and programs offered by the LMC staff
South Central Subscription Databases (PDF) click to see the many subscription databases offered by the LMC
Gale Virtual Reference Library eResources (PDF) click to see the many full-text resources offered by the LMC
The mission of the South Central Library Media Center is to ensure that students and staff are users of ideas and information, promote reading, integrate technology and foster collaboration.
LEARNERS USE SKILLS, RESOURCES, & TOOLS TO:
- Inquire, think critically, and gain knowledge.
- Draw conclusions, make informed decisions, apply knowledge to new situations, and create new knowledge.
- Share knowledge and participate ethically and productively as members of our democratic society.
- Pursue personal and aesthetic growth. (AASL. Standards for the 21st Century Learner)
- All students will participate in a minimum of one teacher(s)/library media specialist collaboratively planned, taught, and assessed research project, meeting Indiana academic and Standards for 21st Century Learners each year
- All students will use multiple sources and provide bibliographic information for all school reports
- All students and staff will be proficient users of the South Central OPAC and provided online resources
- All students and staff will be proficient and motivated readers, support the concept of intellectual freedom and the Reading Bill of Rights
Mrs. Deb Kammrath
I have been at South Central since 1972... beginning as a fifth grade student. I graduated from S.C. in 1980 and earned my Bachelor of Arts from Purdue University in 1984. I began my teaching career in the parochial schools and was fortunate to return to my home school in 1986. I have taught first, second and fourth grades. After 26 years in the regular classroom, I added the Library Media Specialist certification to my license. So my classroom has expanded to Kindergarten through Senior classes. My duties include integrating the Information Literacy Standards and library skills. I am also involved in extracurricular activities with the high school, as sponsor of Student Council. My husband, Skee and I have three children, Anna, Jackson and Marcus. I am proud to note that of my family of 5, all are SC grads, with everyone but me starting at South Central as Kindergartners. We are proud of what SC has given us in values and educationally.
Mrs. Wendy Beehler
K-12 Library Media Center
- Seating for four classes
- Elementary story area
- 72" SMARTBoard with integrated projector
- 56" mobile SMARTBoard
- 2 LCD projectors and large roll down screens
- 2 - 16 station wireless carts with printer & LCD projector
- 28 station multimedia lab
- 35 OPAC/Internet stations
- 3 flatbed scanners
- 2 LCD mobile projectors
- 5 digital cameras
- 2 Sony and 1 Elmo video presentation stands
- 2 Networked laser printers
- 1 Networked ink jet printer
- Copy machine
- Distributed video system with 4 satellite TV receivers and 1 DVR
- K-12 Collection - 33000+ items
- Print periodicals - 40 titles
- Newspapers - 1 print titles
- Professional collection - 800+ items
- Reference collection - 900+ items
- Audio-visual collection - 750+ items
- Subscription databases - 12