South Central Community School Corporation will start the 2020-2021 school year utilizing the 100% virtual option. The virtual option will continue until further notice. While virtual learning to start the school year will model our previous eLearning in some ways, it will also be enhanced in many other ways. You can expect your child to see their teachers often through recorded videos, Google Meets, etc. Teachers will be in their classrooms and available throughout the school day to answer questions and offer assistance. You may call the school, e-mail, message through Canvas, or set up a Google Meet for face-to-face assistance ANY time during school hours.
- Virtual student expectations
- Elementary student attendance form (will be available on August 12th)
- Jr-Sr. High School student attendance form (will be available on August 12th)
- South Central parking lot Wi-Fi access
Canvas on Mobile Devices
The following links provide instructions on how to access our Canvas site from your mobile device:
Our institution's Canvas URL for students is scentral.instructure.com
Username and password is the same as your Chromebook login, including the @scentral.k12.in.us.
Canvas Account for Parents
Parents can sign up as an observer in Canvas. Observers can link their Canvas account to their student's account so they can see assignment dues dates, announcements, and other course content. The following links will help with setting this up:
Your student will need to first generate a pairing code to link to your observer account:
Create your observer account and add student pairing codes:
- How do I sign up for a Canvas account as a parent?
- How do I link additional students to my user account as an observer?
Our institution's Canvas URL for parents is scentral.instructure.com/login/canvas
You will use this website to create and sign in to your Canvas observer account. You will not use the same URL that students use.
If you're experiencing any technical issues during an eLearning day, please contact us at eLearningHelp@scentral.k12.in.us and we will reach out as soon as possible.
If you're experiencing any technical issues during an eLearning day, please contact us at eLearningHelp@scentral.k12.in.us and we will reach out as soon as possible. The following documents and videos may help for common issues:
- Accessing SC Web Bookmarks in Google Chrome (video)
- Check for Updates on a Chromebook
- Chromebook Keyboard Shortcuts
- Chromebook Tips and Answers
- Connect your Chromebook to Wi-Fi
- Download Data from your South Central Google Account (video)
- Google Drive Tips and Answers
- Remove a User Account from a Chromebook (video)
- Reset Google Chrome to Default Settings (video)
- Reset Site Permissions in Google Chrome (video)
- Set up a Printer on a Chromebook
- Taking Screenshots on a Chromebook
- 1:1 Technology
- 1:1 Technology - 5th & 6th Grade
- 1:1 Technology - Jr. & Sr. High School
- 2019-2020 Chromebook Q&A's
- 2019-2020 Technology Handbook
- Chromebook Insurance Options
- eLearning Flyer
- Elem Elearning Slide Presentation
- SC's Pitch for 1:1 Technology
- South Central Parking Lot Wi-Fi Access
- Technology Responsible Use Agreement
Follow us for updates and news regarding technology at South Central!